- African American History
- America at War
- Civics & Government
- Civil Rights
- Founding Documents
- Human Enslavement
- Native Peoples
- Voting & Suffrage
- Women in History
- Alignment to state and Common Core standards can be found on iCivics.org.
- Use evidence from informational texts to support analysis and answer questions.
- Identify each type of source and its purpose.
- Analyze a variety of texts, images, and videos.
- Draw on several sources and consider questions that allow for multiple avenues of exploration.
- Teach with DBQuest as a 1:1 assignment, or as a whole class activity.
- Each module is supported with the following instructional materials: Teaching Guide & Tips, Classroom Printables, Anticipation & Reflection Activities, Evidence Guide, Overview Reading and Extensions
Student ExperienceThe tool takes students through the same four steps for each source:
- Rate the document for usefulness and determine perspective.
- Identify and analyze the text and visual elements that assist with answering the questions.
- Address the supporting questions in your own words.
- Summarize your findings as a response to the Big Question.
Brought to you by