- African American History
- Civics & Government
- Civil Rights
- Community & Family
- Labor & Work
- Symbols & Traditions
- Women in History
- NCSS Standards
- C3 Framework
- Compare life in the past to life today.
- Analyze and collect evidence from primary sources.
- Engage in primary source inquiry, using critical literacy skills to address challenging topics.
- Choose from 9 episodes that focus on historical thinking and inquiry-based learning with primary sources.
- Easily access episodes from kidcitizen.org on any device.
- Introduce the initial episode as part of whole class or small group guided instruction, then allow for independent revisits.
- Find implementation ideas as well as suggested children's literature to support cross-curricular connections in the teacher’s guide that accompanies each episode.
- Create your own episodes with the cloud-based KidCitizen Editor and share them with students.
- Use visible thinking strategies to progress through phases of careful observation, analysis, drawing conclusions based on collected evidence, and reflection that propels the students into further inquiry.
- Engage in incremental learning and authentic interaction with a primary source.
- Build conceptual knowledge and develop increasingly complex historical-thinking skills
- Receive guided mentorship from in-game character, Ella, who assists children in interpreting the past and simulates the collaborative conditions that optimize students’ construction of knowledge and meaning.
Brought to you by
No account required